The Weather is Against Us

We are going to cancel the Blizzard trip to Alpine Valley for February 13th. It is going to be frigid. It is unprecedented to do this not once, but twice in the same season, let alone the same month. We can only hope that the trip on Sunday, February 21st will have more moderate temperatures.

A First for Blizzard (in my tenure with the club)

We are going to cancel the Blizzard trip to Alpine Valley for February 7th. It is going to be frigid. We have held trips in temperatures like this previously, but not in the time of Covid. We don't want everyone in the mountain house when they get cold. That's not a good social distancing idea.  So, I am sorry to say (I really am as I now have to reimburse everyone who has paid thus far) we will see you on Saturday, February 13th

Running bit late back from Alpine today, Jan 10th

Two of the buses had problems with the ice in the parking lot at Alpine. This also prevented another two buses to remain. One bus left on time another followed shortly. The last buses with stops at: Lincoln Park, Winnemac Park, Park Ridge, Oak Brook, and Hyde Park are a bit later. The last bus was just before 4 PM, so judge accordingly. The only solution to avoid this scenario might have been if we had salt or sand available to us to pour on the ground. 

Very Successful First Trip to Alpine Valley

It is such a pleasure when a Ski School School and Patrol comment on the behavior of our club members! Only one member failed to show up to lessons and we received lots of praise from our instructors and those with whom we interacted. Alpine has a varied terrain and a layout which is conducive to social distancing while also providing a meeting place for us. I'd say it was a win-win for the day. Looking forward to our season at Alpine. Check out the dates under our "More Info" tab. We have both Saturdays and Sundays this year as an experiment.

Our First trip will be December 19th at Alpine Valley

Wilmot has not yet opened and they are asking us to wait past our expected first December trip until January 3rd. They are still trying to understand the impact of Covid-19 on their processes and are learning from the other Vail properties what does and does not work for safe social distancing. In addition, Wilmot is one of the few Vail owned properties that continues to entertain groups. Thay have asked us to make several changes to our normal processes and we are accomodating them within reason. Please be patient as we work out how to implement these changes and how they will affect our membership adn weekly trip sign up.  Membership is still open and will remain so until Christmas. To learn the location and dates of our trips, please check the "More Info" tab subsection - Calendar.