Unfortunate Rain Event - But We are Still Going on Saturday, March 4th

We are hoping that the rain this week doesn't impact the ability of Wilmot to keep their terrain skiable. As long as there are freezing temperatures at night that enable them to maintain their base and maybe add more snow, they should be fine and our trip a go. At this point in the season, we keep careful watch on the weather and the temperature to ensure we have the ground coverage needed on the slopes.

Winding Down our 2022-2023 Season

Sunday's trip will only include lessons for the A, A+, and B level students. It is a holiday weekend and Alpine will be crowded and not a great environment for lessons. Bunny will be available for consultations and help throughout the day with maybe a masterclass for the E, F and G skiers. As I've said before, the C and D skiers need mileage to get better. They need to work on what the instructors have been sharing on the progression to parallel skiing and learning to use dynamic edging.  Beginning boarders will also have lessons with the same emphasis on practicing what has been taught. I hope to be on the slopes providing guidance where I can. Normally this would be the weekend of races and fun, but the holiday weekend makes our tradition a little difficult.

Who Ordered this Weather?

Rotten weather this late in the season is no picnic. Where is our snow? The west is getting hammered and we are having just about the worst season I can remember. But, we are still going on Sunday, to Wilmot. If you encounter a lack of seat availability on your route, send an email requesting to be put on the waitlist. Then pray for Snow! Wilmot is so close to the dividing line between snow and rain in the forecast.

Looking forward to January 7th and a full trip

For those of you who missed our New Year's trip, you missed a fabulous trip. The snow was not bad at all and the day was a perfect temperature. The best part, was the lack of crowds! We almost had the ski area to ourselves.

We won't be as lucky with the trip on Jan 7th. This will be a jammed pack trip with lots of other skiers and boarders at Alpine. We will have limited space for our belongings and our buses will be full. In fact, we could use a few more Supervisors for our River Forest run to enable everyone who wants to attend to have a seat. If you want to help us out, we would appreciate it.

The First Trip of 2023!

Monday morning, December 26th, will begin the registration to the first trip of 2023. While the current forecasted weather is a bit crazy, we are expecting a trip on Sunday, January 1st to Alpine Valley. We will reassess the expected weather later in the week and let everyone know if we decide to cancel our trip. But for now, it is a go. We wish a happy and healthy new year to all!